Join our investing community

G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gem16, 5th Oct, 2007.

1. Gem16

Gem16 Member

Hi all,
    I'm Gem......I somehow overlooked the intro's & made a couple of posts before saying hello (how rude)! I had been skulking around the SS forums & found Invested, like many of you it seems.
    My partner & I live in Brisbane, moved up from Sydney a few years ago. We are in our 30's & would like to start LOE in our early to mid 40's! I guess, like many of you, having the choice of how, when & where you spend your time is one of the greatest freedoms. So far we have been buying IP's without having a structured & well thought out "exit strategy" to LOE.....though I noticed that Property Investor is covering this exact topic in the coming months. We are trying to learn as much as possible when it comes to investing & recently stumbled across Steve Navra's Living off Equity articles which has inspired us to do more research into managed funds / shares.......seems like a balance property & shares could be the pefect asset marriage! ;)
    Anyway that's us, I would love to hear any inspiring stories from forum members who are on the "LOE journey" (if that's your intended goal)!
    Have a good weekend
    G

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Hi Gem and welcome to InvestEd.

If you've got some assets under your belt I reckon a 10 year timeframe is sufficient to get to a comfortable LOE position (property and share markets willing).

I'd encourage you to attend a seminar by Steve as he outlines very well the methodology he proposes for how to achieve that objective within a 10 yr timeframe.

Cheers
    N.

3. Gem16

Gem16 Member

Hi Nigel,
    Thanks for the tip, we have booked, & are looking forward to the upcoming Brisbane event.
    Regards
    G

4. katariana

katariana New Member

re: hello

Welcome to the board...