Join our investing community

Geelong RG146

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by study146, 11th Oct, 2010.

1. study146

study146 Study146

I am looking to complete my RG146. I am in Geelong and want to know what peoples experiences are doing distance education for RG146. Good Bad or average

2. Moses

Moses New Member

stud..
    I am deep country WA and find the lack of information or help from K is very frustrating. I just found this forum while I was googling govt bonds, and now feel like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. The guys here share info freely. I have got help already. What city based educators fail to understand is the added costs when you have to travel to attend training and stay somewhere etc, etc.
    I feel a lot better now i have found this forum....

Cheers

3. study146

study146 Study146

Maybe a solution

Thanks Moses I agree that living regionally costs extra in travel and phone calls to chase up info and get study support.
    I may have found a solution though. Investment Banking Institute just opened in Geelong and offer a "distance learning" course. They said I get unlimited 1300 and net study support and no extra "re-examination" fees for resubmitting work.
    They are Melbourne based does anyone have any experience with them???

4. gocats

gocats Well-Known Member

hi.I'm living in geelong and studying through kaplan. what course are you wanting to do?

5. Willy

Willy New Member

Distance Ed

Hi

Do you have any ability to find a mentor, a local practice etc
    That would be a big help plus this site I guess, only new.
    In Melb, lucky already working in a practice, it still does my head in regularily
    Rgs Pete