Join our investing community

Glad to see information is out there

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Codekiwi, 11th Aug, 2009.

1. Codekiwi

Codekiwi New Member

Hi there,

I am new around here and I must say it is great to see that the information is out there and available, I am in my late 20's and have no investment properties and no shares (well I have one but that is purely speculative). However I have recently become very interested in learning about financial independence.

I work in IT and my traditional way of learning a new subject left me a little disheartened in this case, when I usually want to pick up something new I turn to blogs and podcasts to get my head around the in's and outs of whatever it is, and I must say in this case the material available (or that I found) was a little scant.

I only found one really good podcast which is the official ASX investors podcast, it is a great resource and very informative for a newbie but it seems to only be released on a two-monthly basis which falls a long way short of satisfying my appetite for information.

Blogs dissappointed me even further, it seems as though all the decent blogs have fallen silent around the beginning of this year, I can only speculate that these individuals now have more pressing matters these days.

But it is great to see the forums are still buzzing,