Global Prop Trader (GPT) - I smell scam

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Betheball, 2nd Dec, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Betheball

Betheball Member

So after visiting this forum for the first time, I see the advert for the GPT program: "trade our money not yours". I think to myself, that sounds interesting but surely there's a catch.

So I sign up for the webinar and hear about the promise of making thousands of dollars all by using their money and not your own. I think, surely that can't be true but I'll bite for awhile not knowing anything about the forex market.

Then I get a call from one of the reps again telling about how to use their money to make thousands while you learn with their fantastic software.... Um, but really no money from me? During this call, he talks about the software, reading and learning material totals to a cost of about $5000. I didn't press him about this as he slipped it in and moved on to something else and from the webinar it all sounded free....

Then I get another call a few days later, again sprouting off the same stuff, but this time he takes me into their trading room and shows me some crazy figures that the room is making about 700 to 1000 pips a month and if I only followed their trades I would make thousands.... then the sell hits, all this for $20000. Pfts, please, what do you take me for. I call scam!!

Anyone else had dealings with this bunch?

2. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

If you can make so much from their money, why don't they make it for themselves. :eek:

Investing is hard work made from small percentages accumulated over a long time. There just isn't any other way.

Johny.

3. Betheball

Betheball Member

Yep, there's no get rich quick.

It's such bull, they talk about you getting to a level that allows you to use a $3 000 000 account that you could make $500 000 in a year and you get 95% of the profit... what a load, what kind of business runs with putting up that much cash to only get 5% of profit?

4. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

Thats 0.833333% return for the year. Please!!!

Johny.

5. mroptions

mroptions New Member

Wow! Your research is amazing

Well I gotta tell you that you must have not stayed on the webinar because they quote the GPT packaged price right at the end for $19,997. I would suggest you never ever try trading FOREX if you cannot even complete fully your due diligence when looking at a huge opportunity.

6. Betheball

Betheball Member

Not the one I was listening to. Probably slipped it in sometime and skipped over it so not many would notice. Either way, you're not getting mine.

Oh gees, please you just hurt my feelings implying I'm stupid. Please old mate one post, I wonder where you came from :eek: Go back to trying to fleece people for their hard earned with promises for 95% of profits for nothing... please, I'd like to see your success rates. I bet $20000 they are not high.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia