Global Sports Investments

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Cherry Pro, 22nd Aug, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Hi - we were recently called by this company about betting / investing
    in global sporting events.

Home

Has anyone here heard of them before ? I'm a little suss about their operations but hubby seems to think they're genuine.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I would hardly call it investing. Just because there is risk in investing, doesn't make it gambling.

What they are selling is software which helps you analyse sporting events and helps you pick what to bet on, thus hopefully improving your chances of making a profit.

Spin it anyway you like - it's still gambling ... with investing there must be a fundamental value to the asset being held. With gambling - you can't even say that the asset is entertainment - it's the operators and franchises who hold those assets, and betting on them doesn't give you a stake in it.

It's closer to a business than an investment - just like day trading on the sharemarket where you are in-and-out of a share quickly and don't hold for long term appreciation in value. It's about generating cashflow rather than investing in an asset.

That's not to say you can't make any money out of it ... I wouldn't know - I have no expertise in that area ... and I can't comment on the validity of the company or their strategy either.

3. Cherry Pro

Cherry Pro Active Member

Thanks Sim ...I thought along your lines as well and if the
    returns are too good to be true, they are simply that.

Have a good weekend !

4. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

funny how all these schemes come from QLD!

My mate got sucked in, wasted tens of thousands of dollars on this software, and the dodgie recommdations it gave.

You only need to have a bad streak of recommendations, and your wiped out.