Join our investing community

Grace Yeung Case Study IP1

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by felipe, 23rd May, 2011.

1. felipe

felipe New Member

Hi All,

I've been reading some of the postings in other threads, but is totally lost on how to approach the case study question (5).

Anyone can assist?
    :(:confused:

2. ParaplannerMel

ParaplannerMel Member

Hi felipe,

I thought I'd post you a reply. Not sure how useful it'll be, but there's nothing worse than seeing people view your post and not reply ;)

I too am ready to tackle Question 5 - left it 'till last!!

I think I'm just going to put the first section in table format as Kaplan suggest, and then use as many tables and dot points as I can to address all the other issues.

I tend to get "lost" in wording my answers, so I figure the more succinct the better.

Good luck with your assignment & exam.

Mel :)

3. midlife

midlife Member

felipe,

Up to the same stage myself. As with paraplannermel I am leaving this to last. Am happy to swap ideas with both of you and talk about some of the other questions as well. Maybe email?

4. Balin54

Balin54 Member

Ok read the question carefully. Seperate each section so the maker can easily read your answers. With Q5 there is real no wrong or right answers. It's your own personal recommendations. Remember that in Grace's position DO NOT RECOMMEND Derivitives. Write this answer as if thewhole world is going to read. This will ensure your statements are clear and to the point. If your stuck you can babble a little. Just make sure you answer every single question and you cant go wrong.

5. felipe

felipe New Member

Hi All,

Just got back my results from first submission and was failed for the Q5 - not too confident on how to answer this.

Any ideas or heads up on format or follow up from the studyguide as reference, i could use?

I know its similar to SOA in the first module, but not so sure on how to format it - my resubmission is due towards month's end

Pls PM me if you are able to assist

6. Balin54

Balin54 Member

Q5

How to tackle question 5 is one everybody is struggling with. I found out from a financial advisor that you need to tackle this question in your own words. There is not a wrong or right answer. They just want to see you put as much effort to answer the question and answering each question that is asked. Use a table if you want to explain your answers. Think of a SOA when you do this question. Good luck!