Managed Funds Great buying opportunity.

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Smartypants, 27th Jul, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Venger

Venger Member

Its All Downhill from Here

I sent off my first $10k cheque to NAVRA on Thursday.

My sincere apologies.

I had thought about warning you all Thursday Night that the unitprice was bound to retreat for the next 12 months now I was committed, but thought you would all think I was joking. Looks like the warning came too late anyway.
    My unit prices usually wait a few days before going into freefall, but looks the sharemarket is trying to punish me in a more timely fashion than usual.

Very sorry for the collateral damage.

(Don't rely on my advice, I've no idea what i'm doing.)

2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Dont stress about your investment, you have made a good choice, and I assure you that you will look at your investment 3-6 months time and be very happy with your decision. Currently we are in a high volatility period, so there will be large up's and downs.

Any share investment should be viewed as a 5 year plus commitment, and just as you don't value your house daily, neither should you watch your share investment daily.

Sit back and enjoy the ride :)

As for the share market punishing you, well let me tell you, the market don't do favors for you, nor does it punish you.. the market does what it does, and will do it regardless of what you do!

You have entered during a period of a 10% discount, so you can't complain about that!

3. Ray Brown

Ray Brown Member

Hi all,

if Cash Is King,
    property is the queen.

I am a true believer in that after selling the last of my 210k of navra on 1st august, launching into property in a big way again.
    Those who sold property to shove a million into super recently might be feeling a little seasick after yestedays fall.

I will be back to the sharemarket sometime, maybe October, after the dust settles. :)

4. artgul

artgul Well-Known Member

I'd suggest to approach investment with an investor mentality, which is different to a saving and also different to a gambling way of thinking. The reason why the majority of the so called "residential property investors" don't panic or rejoice on a daily bases is because noone publishes the exact fluctuation of their holdings on a daily bases otherwise, IMO, there won't be many "property" investors out there. This is also because of another other factor- Residential property is not under the domain of the investment world.

I guess that many people are investing without really understanding the rules of the gain. Investing, trading, saving and gambling are all mixed up in their minds and hece, the headaches and panic.

If one is a trader then, one should worry about the timing of the "trade" however, if one is really investing then, one should thank the elements for the opportunities presented :D . Think about it, in 10, 20 or 30 years time from now (if we're still around), whatever price one pays today for a portfolio of bluechip assets would look cheap :cool: . Of course, some of them would do better than others and some of then could even do very poorly but, in general one should be up big time.:D

So, I guess that the question to answer is-

Are we:

a-investors
    b-traders
    c-gamblers
    d- savers
    e- All of the above :D

Enjoy the ride and smile to the opportunities presented!:)

artgul

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Good luck with Raising interest rates! another couple interest rate rises, and we will see what will happen to property prices.. You seem to forget what happened to them under the old Labor government when we had high interest rates..

Property only went up in the last decade due to falling interest rates, giving people more borrowing power, hence people have more to spend on a house pushing up prices.. With monetary policy tightening, it will not be the 'golden goose' we once had..

6. Dr Lobster

Dr Lobster Well-Known Member

Surely you don't believe that its as simple as that ???

7. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

the un-usual 'boom' yes.. but property does always go up over the long term... but like any boom, there will be years of flat prices... just like between 1990-1997 where the medium price remained flat for 7 years..