Join our investing community

Greetings from Sydney's Northwest

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JudgeDreadz, 25th Mar, 2009.

1. JudgeDreadz

JudgeDreadz Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I stumbled upon your site when I was looking for a tax brackets calculator on excel. Glad to be here.

In terms of experience, I am an uber n00b. I would like to start drip feedings some capital into the stock market while also acquiring my first property (somewhere in lower north shore i hope) which I will owner occupy.

Later in the year I am looking to launch a blog which will host a self-designed comic strip and soundtrack. Depending on the popularity of the blog I willl aim to earn some passive income through GoogleAds or similar program.

If anyone could recommend parts of the forum that would be particularly useful, that would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Mar, 2009
  2. pcj821

pcj821 Member

Welcome to the site.

There is so much good information here that I would recommend taking a look at all of it. More specifically though if you're thinking of making money through stocks, property or the Internet you should always consider doing it as a business (Which I'm sure you are doing).

Therefore I recommend you look through the accounting and tax section of the forum and learn about the various company & trust structures. These structures can save you a lot of money through tax minimisation, as well as provide you with asset protection. By setting up the right structure at the start you will grow much quicker and benefit greatly in the future.

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited by a moderator: 25th Mar, 2009
  3. JudgeDreadz

Hi Paul

Actually, I did not even consider running my investment as a business. Thanks for the tip!

4. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Judge

Nice part of the world you come from- I like it too :)
    Which suburb are you in?

5. JudgeDreadz

bella vista. you hail from there as well?

6. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Judge

Now in Kenthurst but know BV and the Hills very well. Also lived in Baulkham Hills and BV before moving here. Hasn't BV grown up over the last decade?!

7. JudgeDreadz

Tell me about it. my folks were one of the first houses on the street in the mid 90's. now everyone wants a freaking piece ;)