Growth set to increase to over 4%

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by Glebe, 18th Jan, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Which of course would mean interest rate rises by the RBA...

Bring it on! Rising commodity prices and rising interest rates is nirvanna for me. My stock is rising while house prices start falling as a result of investors in that sector feeling the pinch of interest rates. When the stock market softens or the housing market shows signs of life, I switch sectors again. Has everyone forgotten how these two are counter-cyclical... :confused:

I love the rollercoaster! :D

Cheers,
    Michael.

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Counter cyclical ? That's not right Michael - both the sharemarket and the real estate market have been going up for as long as I remember. Doesn't it always do that (go up) ? :p :D

(sorry for the sarcasm)

4. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Actually has anyone graphed ASX vs Sydney median property prices or something like that?

5. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

That's a very good point Glebe. I have heard this said repeatedly (and I think the old economic clock suggests it too) but I haven't seen hard data to support it.

Not saying it ain't so...just have to be convinced it's fact rather than educated guesswork or mere belief.

Any volunteers? :D

Cheers
    N.

6. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see this kind of graph, but we may be comparing appples and oranges here!
    How reliable this comparison could be? :confused: