Join our investing community

Hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cheeyeen, 6th Sep, 2007.

1. cheeyeen

cheeyeen Member

I just to say hello to everyone. My name is Chee Yeen from Melbourne. I am an analyst programmer for a private investment company so I sort of know a bit about finance, and I am very interested in investing and finance in general. I have read a few threads here in the last few days and am very impress with the friendliness of all the people in the forum in posting questions and answers. Actually I am doing a bit of financial planning for the family involving trust and negative gearing etc. and found this site via Google. The discussion in the Account, Tax and Legal are really helpful to my situation.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Welcome Chee Yeen - good to have you here.

3. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Welcome on board Chee Yeen

Can you tell us a bit more about the work you're doing (in general terms of course).

What are you programming in? I assume you're doing financial modelling...what sorts of models are you building?

What sectors are you analysing?

Cheers
    N

4. cheeyeen

cheeyeen Member

Hi Nigel,
    My main task is to develop various reports (performance (daily, weekly, monthly), exposure (currencies, market, sectors) etc.) for managers daily meeting and also act as the "bridge/interpretor" between and business and the IT development team, mainly in defining requirements and checking result. We have an IT team developing a .NET fund management software, but I am at the backoffice helping out with the day to day operations of the treasury and accounting departments, and I am using Microsoft Reporting Service to do the reports myself. Most of the time, I am acting like the "number" guy to dig out a number for the business, or to verify and find out the reason behind certain numbers etc. Currently I am more exposure to the reporting and accounting parts of the business and less on treasury.
    Sorry that I don't quite get your question about what sectors I am analysing..