Join our investing community

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MissMuffitt, 7th Dec, 2007.

1. MissMuffitt

MissMuffitt New Member

G'day... I have been hanging around the somersoft forums for a while now, and saw this forum mentioned, so I thought I would drop in!

My husband and I currently have our PPoR in Gladstone and have just in the last 3 months purchased 2 IPs. One in Agnes water QLD and the other in Corio VIC.

We are very new to investing, but I have gotten heaps of info from books and especially the somersoft forums!

As well as IPs I am interested in managed funds. I used to have some ING ones but that closed up for some reason and we get the money out of it.
    So now I am on the lookout for some other fund that I can start with say $1000 and put in $200 a month??
    I have read a bit lately about Insurance bonds being good... What are your opinions of them??

I look forward to your replies.

MM

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi MissMuffit,

Insurance/Investment bonds are taxation structure (like super) rather than an actual managed fund itself.

Basically after 10 years the growth is tax-free, see Managed funds.

As far as I'm aware ING, CommInsure and Austock are the only issuers of Insurance Bonds, though I may be wrong.

Insurance bonds market haven't really matured to the stage where alot of funds are available on the platform, so it is a bit behind for innovativeness.

Google the word Investment Bond and you will have a few hits.

Regards,

Dan

PS the above is general information and not investment advice. Speak to your FPA registered Financial Planner before making an investment decision.