Join our investing community

Hello from Ballina NSW

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BSD, 16th Apr, 2008.

1. BSD

BSD Active Member

Hello all, i'm new to this forums. I am currently in year 12 and looking forward going to university next year studying Civil Urban developer/environmental science course. I am interested in urban development, properties development such as dwelling, commercial, industry and community facilities. I am also interested in developments such as education, health and transport.

My other interests are weather, sports and making new friends.

Cheers
    Mathew:D

2. Crusher

Crusher Well-Known Member

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the site, I have read recently on another post that Ballina is booming through the roof, with alot of urban development and major plans to expand the city, have you seen much construction around the town? Any views on this statement?

3. BSD

BSD Active Member

There are so many construction sites locally such as two new community centres, 2 new commercial/carparking midrise buildings, over 400 new homes, ballina bypass, city streets upgrading including traffic lights and road widening.

By end of this year there will be doubled.

4. APerry

APerry Active Member

My Grandparents live in Ballina, I've been going there for holidays for as long as I remember. The development over the last 20 years has been incredible, it used to be a very sleepy old town, but not any more. The only issue i would have with the area as a place to invest is that it is very expensive already and I cannot see how kids of locals are going to be able to afford to live there, as I could not imaging there to be a great number of high paying jobs in the immediate area. The market seems to rely very heavily on retiries moving into the area.

5. BSD

BSD Active Member

^^^ True, recently theres a new college has opened here and it has main focus on educational facitilies now. This will bring more younger people here.

6. kieran

kieran Member

Hi I'm Kieran and I'm 14 and I also live in Ballina (it says I live in Sydney though)
    Just a question if your twelve how do you go to university next year?

7. BSD

BSD Active Member

Well i need to get good marks in HSC to get the rank that get me into university next year.

Good to see another Ballinite in here!

8. kieran

kieran Member

sorry I thought that you were twelve an I was extremely confused, I go to Southern though