Join our investing community

Hello New Forum!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chris.R_WA, 7th Aug, 2006.

1. Chris.R_WA

Chris.R_WA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

My name is Chris and I'm 22yo from Perth. I recognize a few names on here from other property forums, and am looking forward to posting on Invested. I usually browse SS, but dont post all that often, as I find if I have a question, someone has probably already asked it half a dozen times and I just search the archives:) .

My main investment focus is with property, though I hold a few direct shares and looking at some MF's at the moment.

Anyway, just saying hi, and that I hope to be able to pick your collective brains (and maybe add some of my meagre experiences...) in the future.

Cheers, Chris

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Welcome Chris :)

No doubt you're reaping the benefits of the tremendous growth your fair state has been achieving over the last few years. Are your IP's in WA?

3. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,

The Navrainvest MF is fairly unique, and you can read the pros/cons throughout Invested. But if you're looking into traditional managed funds, go to www.asx.com.au and look into listed investment companies (LIC's) and exchange traded funds (ETF's). Much less fees than the retail managed funds model.

4. Chris.R_WA

Hi,

Jacque, yes I have been very happy with the CG in my Perth IP (singular at this stage unfotunately:( ). Growth has been just over 39% since I bought in November last year, its a four unit development site about 10km north of the CBD. Currently living there with my partner to satisfy claiming the FHOG.

Glebe, I am aware of the benefits of the Navra fund, that is one of the main resons I started browsing this site. I am looking at the more income focused funds as a way of offsetting the holding costs for my property. At the moment though, anything that I could put in would just be small fry. Once I develop the 3x2 villas (starting early '07), I'll be able to refinance and access quite a bit of equity which I can then use to gear into the Fund at about 50% margin.

Thats the plan at this stage anyway, you know how they always change with more experience/knowledge/unexpected happenings!:)

Cheers, Chris

5. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Chris,

Sounds like a good plan to me! Welcome!! And I look forward to you sharing your experiences with us all here as it sounds like you're walking a profitable path yourself.

Cheers,
    Michael.

6. Chris.R_WA

Thanks Michael, I should hope it sounds like a good plan! It quite shamelessly draws influence from some of your posts on SS and PI.com.
    I have of course, done my own investigations and due diligence into the various options available to me, but its always great to hear what others are successfully doing.
    Good luck with your own development!

Chris

7. MichaelWhyte

MichaelWhyte Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris,

I'm about to up stumps and head out to my site in the next half hour or so to meet another prospective architect. This guy was put to me by an active member on this forum so I better be careful what I report back. ;) But I should be OK because first impressions over the phone were very good. He's got a fair bit of experience doing medium density in my LGA and has even done some smaller developments on behalf of council themselves so certainly has an insight into their thinking.

Its all very exciting stuff!

Cheers,
    Michael.