Join our investing community

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Regrow, 2nd Jul, 2006.

1. Regrow

Regrow New Member

Hello all. Just joined invested so thought I would introduce ourselves.

My wife and I reside in Rockingham Perth, but I originated from Sydney.
    We are 31 and 34 respectfully and I work offshore in the oil/gas business.

We currently have one IP and in the process of building 2 more. Perth has been good for us to date with the current boom times.:)

Although only new to investing in IP's we are keen to learn the other forms of investing via shares etc.

Looking forward to reading the huge amount of resources available on this site.

Regards

Regrow

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Hi Regrow and welcome!

Why not tell us a bit more about what you're hoping to achieve from your investing. In particular how are you finding the numbers stack up for building IPs? Do you think it will only work in a hot market like WA or are the margins such that you think it could work elsewhere?

Cheers
    N.

3. Regrow

Regrow New Member

Hi Nigel

Our strategy is to buy / build and hold for the long term although would look at selling if the need arises.

The numbers have stacked up nicely so far although it has helped with the rising market in WA although I think it could work in elsewhere as long as the numbers stack up.

Our next project has turned out to be the best one so far with the price of land going up the way it has, has made it a no money down deal apart from the interest repayments whilst building. :D

The problem now is that it is very hard to get a block in a release with huge amounts of people camping out for up to 2 weeks to secure a block and waiting lists so big you might not get a block at all.

Regards

Regrow