help! i need advice...

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by bellabear, 29th May, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bellabear

bellabear New Member

2 1/2 years ago I was injured @ work. Since then I have had a full knee reco & 2 further surgeries. Although I am no longer working @ the same place, I left in January, I am able 2 work but have ongoing issues with pain, movement, etc, the list goes on! Basically my knee will never b the same & it affects every part of my life. How can I find out if I'm eligible 2 receive a partial disability payment thru my super?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Did you ask your super fund?

3. bellabear

bellabear New Member

Yes, but hard 2 get a straight answer. Thought they'd b more helpful

4. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Have you explored all other avenues?
    Are you able to link your knee reco to the injury at work?
    Can workers comp insurance cover the costs plus pay you for your ongoing inability to earn the same income?

5. bellabear

bellabear New Member

Have had medical costs paid by work cover, & just found out I have an appointment 2 assess eligibility 4 compo @ end of this month. Will keep ur advice in mind. Do also have a witness, ironically it was the health & safety lady @ work, & she drove off & left me virtually unable 2 walk. Karma! Thanx 4 ur advice

6. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Don't get tricked into signing anything.
    Consider your ongoing suffering and future lost income and don't forget to seek legal advice.
    Take your time to think about any offers but consider that people live longer these days and a small sum today won't go far so you could be better off with part pension (if that's on offer)

Take care