Join our investing community

Hi All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by just_byron, 16th Sep, 2007.

1. just_byron

just_byron Member

Hi,
    My name is Byron and I currently work overseas in a tax-free industry.
    I'm looking for ways to increase my share portfolio and get better returns from it.
    I have 2 investment properties in Newcastle which are both currently rented, although on separate mortgages. Is this bad/ more expensive? Thinking about a commercial property next (?)
    I have done some share trading before I left Australia and would like to get back into it, starting with choosing a charting program.
    Anyone use MarketMaster?

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2007
  2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Unless you have experiance with investing directly into shares, I would suggest either getting a basket of good blue-chip shares, ie banks, wollies, bhp etc, or managed funds..

Rene Rivkin once said 'I have never met a rich chartest'. Although charting can help you with timing to get into a investment, really using it as your sole way of making a decision is like driving a car and only looking into the rear view mirror.

I actually did use market master years ago.. I would suggest looking at comsec professional trader.. its free if you place a certain amount of trades per month.. and from what I recall, it does most of what MM does as well..

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"Rene Rivkin once said 'I have never met a rich chartest'."

Hahahahahaaaa...So why he tried to employ one of the best chartists in this business ?:rolleyes:

4. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

ask him! opps maybe you can't :|

5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I know why, and he knew why... hahahaa :D.
    oops - you are right. I can't. :p