Join our investing community

hi all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by joanmc, 10th May, 2009.

1. joanmc

joanmc Well-Known Member

I already posted in general discussions before I saw this but I will post here too:p

I am a proerty investor (9 years) and share trader(5 months). We packed in our business at christmas and started full time trading. I am not using anyones system, I have no charting experience or anything technical at all. I am really enjoying it.

I also enjoyed renovating our rentals and now that they are neutral to positive cashflow everything is good. (RBA helped with that)

I don't really know anyone who does what I do and so am limited with conversation at times. mostly when people ask what I do and I reply that I am an investor their eyes glaze over and the subject gets changed.

So I guess I am desperately seeking other investors.

Soooo glad I found this site :D

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Joan,

Welcome to InvestEd.

You say others glaze over when you tell them what you are doing.

What are you doing? What do you look for in buying a stock?

Cheers,

Dan

PS Hopefully our eyes don't glaze over :)

3. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Welcome to Invested, and if you are looking for relatively lively conversation about investing this is the place to be.

4. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

Hi, how is the trading doing? What sort of rules have you set up for yourself regarding the trades you make?

5. joanmc

joanmc Well-Known Member

thanks for the welcome guys!
    My main trading rule I guess is set my sell and stick to it! Everytime I try to be greedy and and think it is going to go up a bit more it tanks on me and I get even less than if I had stuck to my sell. So now I set my sell and am happy with what I get.
    as for the glazing eyes, Dan, we don't really know people who also invest like we do so most of the people we associate with just can't relate at all. Limits conversation sometimes.