Join our investing community

Hi Everyone! Introducing 'Me' :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ali G, 4th Jan, 2007.

1. Ali G

Ali G Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for quite a while now but saw this thread and thought I would say 'hello'. I have been fortunate to come to know some of you already through Somersoft.

A little bit about me: I am a long-time student having just finished my seventh year of full time study, and with one year to go before I finally graduate I am trying to get myself organised financially. I have no investments at present - in fact, I have very little at all - however I plan to make 2007 a year of solid preparation for me financially, in readiness for years to come. I have been researching property investing for about three years now and intend to buy my first IP by early 2008, although I am aiming to do it this year if I can. Never say never! ;)

Looking forward to 'meeting' all of you on this forum and to hopefully contributing as much as I gain, someday.

Cheers,

Ali G

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Welcome Ali G - great to have you here.

Can I ask - what are you studying ... and what do you plan to do when you finish ?

3. Ali G

Ali G Member

Hi Sim! Nice to see you too. :)

I completed a Bachelor of Business (that was the first three years), then a Bachelor of Applied Science in Complementary Medicine (the next three years), and am now half way through a Master of Clinical Chiropractic. So when I finally stop studying I'll be a chiropractor. I can't wait! I am risking turning into a fossil if I don't graduate soon. ;)

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Maybe you should have studied Paleontology, then you could study yourself when you turn into a fossil ! :D

Or perhaps Paleoanthropology, so you could study fossils of human bones (yours), and then fix them up using your skills as a chiropractor !

I see some good synergies there between Paleoanthropologists and Chiropractors ... may be an exciting new field of study to persue :eek:

5. Ali G

Ali G Member

Ha ha Sim! Not something that I had quite given thought to, but then again, those who know me well think I will go on to study more. :rolleyes: