Join our investing community

Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MsJaybees, 19th Aug, 2010.

1. MsJaybees

MsJaybees Member

Hi my names Jay, this is my first post and I'm thoroughly enjoying the various investment info here.

A little about me, I'm a late starter so to speak 47yrs, married, have two teens, son's working full time, daughter a Yr 11 student and my current interests are reading, various investment books. I have no investments, no mortgage, have rented for years, just finished paying of $17,000 of credit card debt! :eek:
    Only left is a supplementary loan of $16,000 @ 1% interest of which I'm not immediately concerned with.

My only goal is to completely switch all this to the opposite to get some investments going. I'm interested in learning more about geared managed funds and hedge funds, I have $10,000 saved plus extra for emergency funds, which is parked at Ubank saver for now.

I feel there's so much to learn and so little time, although with that said it's going to take a little time to get there, I look forward to learning more from InvestEd. :)

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Jay and welcome to InvestEd!
    Hopefully you can use this forum to learn a lot more about investments in general and never stop asking questions- it's the only way to acquire more knowledge! :)

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Welcome to InvestEd MsJaybees - great to have you here.

Well done on getting rid of that credit card debt ... that's a phenomenal achievement and will serve you well for the future.

4. MsJaybees

MsJaybees Member

Hi Sim
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I'm relieved, now I'm more focused on working on getting investments started. Have a great day :)