Managed Funds High Income funds

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by perky, 16th Mar, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. -T-

-T- Well-Known Member

Just wondering what your idea of a hedge fund is. At first I thought it would be a fund that hedges risk, then our lecturer tells us it is a risky fund that gears heavily, then my textbook says it is a fund that just uses complex trading activities, and now on the Macq Bank site it says one of their funds isn't as risky as a hedge fund because it doesn't hedge risk (ha!).

Either way, I think I get the idea. :)

2. jscott

jscott Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats a good question... I think the word "hedge" fund has come to be an umbrella term for any technique outside of straight buyand hold equities.
    If you enter the MacBank site from the Institutional link you'll see all the Newton Funds are called hedge funds.
    I reckon these funds would be great if they "only" used a performance fee.

3. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Freeman Fox have some new Investor Updates approaching as well..did anyone get on board thier previous funds (if so, how are they going?)

Freeman Fox

4. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Unlikely. They ain't called the fee factory for nothing!

5. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

Can they capitolise the interest? Withdraw the interest direct from the fund?

6. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Another income property fund is being put together - the "Hi Q Fund". The forecast income is stated to be 10.63%pa for the first year (subject of course to the usual PDS disclaimers).

See REAL ESTATE CAPITAL PARTNERS

I make no comment on whether or not this is a good investment - just wanted to bring it to people's attention as there has been interest in quarterly income funds.

Of course you should read the PDS and get appropriate advice for your circumstances.

Cheers
    N.

7. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

So far back to square one after about 1+ year. Has hardly covered the interest let alone the lost oppurtunity for the interest prepayment. Not impressed.:(:mad:

Initially invested through FFox and they made an absolute bundle on the commissions. Have since moved it to Invest smart so at least we will receive the trailing commision now rather than FFox.

Cheers