high interest paying deposits

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by lananthu, 29th Sep, 2012.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lananthu

lananthu New Member

Hi , I am new to the forum. Is there any mutual fund in Australia which returns 15 percent per annum on an investment ? I cannot exactly remember but I have seen a name called Navra fund or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator: 29th Sep, 2012
  2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahahahaaa.................................

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

There are no funds which will be able to return this consistently.

The Navra funds you are referring to did well in the lead-up to the GFC, but then struggled and could not produce the same returns they did for the first few years. The company has since gone into administration and the funds wound up.

If you are after "high interest paying deposits", you won't get 15% returns from anything which is not very very high risk.

What are you actually looking for? How much do you have to invest? What is your investment timeframe? What are your risk tolerances? How important is capital preservation?

4. lananthu

lananthu New Member

High interest deposits

Thanks for replying Sim. Capital preservation is highly important for me . I am planning to use my line of credit to invest in higher yielding deposits. I pay 6.7 percent on my line of credit. I have 150K at my disposal. Even if I can make two or three percent more say 9 percent , I will still me earning some money.

I dont know if the above is a good idea. I have money say 50 k in some blue chip shares like AMP,ANZ,CBA etc. But the yields are no where near 9 percent.

Can you please advise me where to invest my line of credit to get higher returns. I have two investment properties brought through line of credit and they have 200 K equity in both of them combined.

Sorry to have bored you so much and I am just looking for ways to get higher returns. I am happy to wait for couple of years to get some decent returns

5. Andrew Newman

Andrew Newman Well-Known Member

Hi lananthu

I would recommend you learn more about investing.

I have lots of investing articles on my Blog to get you started:
    Investing Section of Blog

Even if you decide to take on advice, you will know if the advice is reasonable.

Kind Regards

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia