High pressure tactics

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 2nd Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Yet another entertaining weekend of auctions with some turning out to be real stage plays. Best one was a pleasant auctioneer (even his jokes were bearable) a well behaved crowd, and four polite and cool bids to secure a beautiful home in a leafy North Shore suburb.

Worst was observing (painfully) a terribly rude agent giving bidders the hard word and saying gems such as, "We haven't got all day, you know. You need to bid now!" (how the bidders didn't tell her to p*** off is beyond me). These bidders ended up leaving when the vendor was being consulted and the agent continued to harass them all the way to the front door, despite their best efforts to shake her.

Another poor bidder was followed around the room so much by another "invade your personal space" agent that he ended up in a corner, literally! The way the buyers were treated at this particular auction was abysmal.

2. KevinH

KevinH Well-Known Member

Desperate strokes for desperate folks....

I have to say that I have had a similar very unpleasant experience dealing with a broker we were referred to who came up to Qld from Sydney.
    Talk about brash and rude... his conduct verged on harassment with his repeated and late night phone calls. The last one culminated with him hanging up on me.... what a hero !!
    I indicated to my partners up there, that I refused to deal with him purely on principle, no matter whether he came up with the best deal or not. They agreed as well.
    I had a developer friend with me during the last phone conversation when this PIG hung up on me, and that was my comment at the end of the conversation. "What a PIG !!"
    My friend had a chuckle and commented you know what happens when you deal with pigs? You get dirty and they get happy.

I hope its not a Sydney phenomenon.....seems a bit 'dog eat dog' over there..

KEvin

3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Last pig I had any dealings with was eaten after being exposed to high temperatures ;) ....

I happy to deal with rude or incompetent agents . They p.... alot of people off so less competition

See Change

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Nov, 2006
  4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

They may well peeve people off but they certainly do nothing to enhance or improve the reputation of their own industry. Indeed, if more of them were polite, they wouldn't regularly be second from the bottom on the popularity polls!!