Join our investing community

Higher Education

Discussion in 'Accounting, Tax & Legal' started by pearls, 8th Jan, 2013.

  1. pearls

    pearls Member

    20th Aug, 2012

    I have been recently awarded Permanent Residency in Australia. I have Engineering Degree (overseas) with which I am working in Australia, now I wish to do Masters degree (part-time) related to my field and just wondering if I can claim all the tution fees and other study related expenses if I pay on my own without taking any assistance from Government. My salary is 100k base and the tax per annum is about 30k (before getting Permanent Residency)

    can somebody be kind enough to explain if I could claim all tution fees and other related expenses on my tax. I believe the tution fee is about 28,000$ for 1.5 years of study.

    Thank you in advance

    Kind Regards