Join our investing community

Highest and Lowest Paid S&P500 CEO’s

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tropo, 25th Jul, 2019.

1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

... so are the female CEOs brought in to 'put on a pretty face ' to a persistently troubled company or are some companies so toxic the males wouldn't take the wheel for any amount of cash

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Quote : "I am always interested in the relationship between the level of compensation for a CEO and their level of shareholder return"...

twisted strategies likes this.
  4. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

well one theory i have heard is that a company in trouble would be wise to pay for quality management to affect a company turnaround or company restructure .

whilst Nick Moore ( formerly of MQG ) publicly declared ' the sky is the limit ' for those who exceed goals .

obviously the renumeration of executive staff depends on the tolerance of share-holders ( or should in an ideal world )
    now i hold MQG ( and have since 2011 ) and can see the wisdom ( and results ) of that belief.

i find the trend of the highest paid female CEOs leading companies in negative total returns worthy of future research as a possible indicator of a future business trend

does a recent tragic company history allows females to bypass ' the glass ceiling '

( i hold several companies with female CEOs , gender doesn't normally affect my share selections and definitely not as much as company performance )