Join our investing community

Hobart/Tasmanian Investor Meeting

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by johnnyb, 18th Apr, 2007.

1. johnnyb

johnnyb Well-Known Member

Hi All,

We have finally(!) organised a property investor meeting for Hobart, including a seminar on property financing to be presented by Rolf Schaefer. The details are:

Date: Sat, 5th May 2007
    Time: 1:45pm for a 2pm start, till about 4pm
    Room: On the first floor
    Parking: Should be enough parking near the building or in the carpark on the other side of railway tracks
    Cost: Free!!
    RSVP: Please reply in this thread, PM me or call my mobile (0410 105 726) - we need pretty firm numbers for catering.

Rolf is a mortgage broker from Melbourne (and a valued contributor to the Somersoft, but only an occasional visitor here) and he has offered to fly over to give a presentation on property financing for us. The topics he will cover include:

• Serviceability
    • LOC versus Offset
    • Cross-collateralisation
    • Mortgage Insurance
    • Low Doc / No Doc
    • Property development funding
    • Professional Packages
    • Timing / Sequencing
    • Q&A

The presentation will take about 2 hours, with a break for coffee and cake (home made vanilla slice I'm told - yum!) and time for questions.

As well as a chance to learn something from Rolf it's a great opportunity to meet fellow investors face to face. Because of the lack of numbers in Tassie it's often hard to organise meetings like this, so please make the most of this opportunity. For those of you outside the Hobart region it would be great if you could make the drive down (or up) for the afternoon.

Please PM or call me if you need further information.

John.

Directions to Huon Quays (see attached map):
    Heading towards the Regatta Pavillion (grandstand) at the Domain, turn left over the train tracks and follow the road to the big white weatherboard building. This is Huon Quays. As you go through the gate there are stairs around to the left and we will be on the first floor. Hopefully we can put up signs to point you in the right direction.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 18th Apr, 2007
  2. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

Bugger, I'm working dayshift that weekend. Will someone be summarising or recording the meeting?

Cheers
    Simon

3. johnnyb

That's a shame - hopefully you'll be able to make the next one.

I'll ask Rolf about making his presentation available after the meeting.

John.

4. johnnyb

*bump* - just in case you missed this post last week.

5. johnnyb

*bump*

Last chance for anyone else out there to let me know you're coming.

So far we have about 20 people (but none from Invested unfortunately, apart from me :D), so it's going to be a good chance to do some networking.

John.

6. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Great job organising this get together JohnnyB. Perhaps you could post some notes after the session? Or even ask Rolf S if you/he can post any slides/material he has?

Cheers
    N.

7. johnnyb

I've never organised anything like this before, so I'm happy that it's coming together really well so far. We've even got Sailor (a somersoft member) from Cairns coming along (she's down here for a conference)!

Not sure if there'll be much note taking, but I will ask Rolf if he wants to release any of his material after the meeting.

John.