How do use managed funds to improve cash flow

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Alwayslooking, 18th Apr, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alwayslooking

Alwayslooking Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

I am hoping someone out there can clarify this for me.

I have been investing in property (only) over the last 7 years.

I currently use a LOC for all IP expenses and I capitalise the interest.

How can I use managed funds to improve cashflow if I am borrowing 100% using loc doc/no docs at 7.5%, am I missing something as after reading many posts I am still struggling with this.

Thanks for your help.

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Ignoring the deductibility of the interest payments, won't you be ahead so long as the return (and more particularly here the cash distribution) exceeds 7.5%?

I.e. It's an arbitrarge play between your cost of funds and the return...

Say you borrow 100k and get a 10% distribution you'll be 2500 ahead before tax.

3. Alwayslooking

Alwayslooking Well-Known Member

Hi Nigel, thanks for reply

You stated 10% distribution is this pretty much the target and achievable from your experience.

Cheers.

AL:)

Last edited by a moderator: 18th Apr, 2007
  4. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

No, my experience has been much better than that...but then we've seen a fantastic boom in the sharemarket over the last 3+ years so I wouldn't expect it to continue.

Is 10% achieveable, I think so. Will you ALWAYS get it, I don't know. You must build in a margin of safety/cash buffer. I wouldn't like to hear that anyone was so finely tuned on cashflow that a couple of quarters where the interest bill exceeded the distributions would send them to the wall.

Cheers
    N.