How have you diversified your investments?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by blks2k, 3rd Feb, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. blks2k

blks2k Member

Hi all,

What % do you have your investments in? ie: how have you diversified your investments?

For me: Keeping in mind im only 27 and dont really need to focus on super at this stage.

Property 92%
    Shares 6.3%
    Super 1.6%

What are your thoughts? How have you spread your money around?

Rob.

2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

you need to be a little more specific.. property could mean commercial, residential, LPT's, unlisted trusts etc..

Personally I have 60% in Australian shares, 20% in Australian LPT's, 20% in ASIA.

3. NatMarie73

NatMarie73 Member

Well blks, I'm a bit older than you and also have most of my wealth in property (mainly direct IP but also some LPTs) and nearly no super. Property is a great way to grow wealth which then allows you to diversify into Aust and international shares and whatever else you fancy.

I currently only have a very small amount <10% of my money in Aust shares, most bluechip and some speccies and very much intend to diversify into international shares (BRIC and Germany), unlisted property and even further into direct investments in commodities (oil, softs, industrial metals and maybe some gold)

One day I hope to buy one (or more) of Argyles rare pink diamonds as an investment seeing as though diamonds are a girls best friend and all ;) as well as investment grade art but thats a while away yet.

4. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Property 87%
    Shares and Managed Funds 3%
    Superannuation 10%

I would prefer to see shares around the 20% mark - it is hard getting there as it is based on using equity, but for that you need income, and shares aren't performing so well at the moment

Tim