How/Where could I get floor plans for an apartment I own?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Sk3tChY, 15th Apr, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sk3tChY

Sk3tChY Well-Known Member

I've got an investment property in a really old block and would like a floor plan because I'm considering doing some minor renovations. Plus, it would be nice/convenient to just have one.

I tried contacting my strata but all they could provide me with was a 'strata plan' which shows a map of the entire block and sectioned off each individual lot, showing an overall view type thing.

I'd like a floor plan of my actual apartment - Much like the floor plans you can look at when you look at some properties on websites like realestate.com.au and domain.com.au - Where they actually show the layout and measurements within your lot etc.

How would I go about getting one?

Is there some sort of company I can go to and pay X amount of dollars to have them go to the property, measure everything up and make one for me?

Can my real estate agent get one done for me?

If so - Approximately how much would one of these things cost?

Thanks guys. :)

2. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Floorplan

Hello Sk3tChY,
    I'm sure any draftsman should be able to draw up a floorplan after measuring up your home.It could be a bit different in country areas (I'm in Wagga)but it is quite easy to do so here.I've been in the building game for a long time and have worked on hundreds of extensions over the years.The plans that we receive always include the existing dwelling.Some of these dwellings are very old and the original plans are not available from council and are drawn up by the draftman or architect (almost always draftsmen in our experience,probably for cost reasons)
    Sorry, I have no idea how much it would cost you in the city.
    Regards
    Terry

3. Sk3tChY

Thanks Terry, that's exactly what I was after - So a draftsman/draughtsman is what I need.

I'll take a look around the interwebz and see if I can find any decent looking ones for a decent price.

If anyone has any recommendations on someone in particular by all means, please let me know. :)

4. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

floorplan

Look on realestate.com.au for existing sales and see the name of the company that did the plan. We have Realscope in Brisbane, dont know if they are interstate, but they charge agents about $145 for a plan. Private people I am sure they will charge a bit more.

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi Sk3

Be interested to see how you went with this- did you find someone or not, and, if so, feel free to share their details on here. With thanks!

6. markv

markv Member

hey sketchy,
    yeah there are independently companies that do work mostly for realestate agents for marketing purposes.
    my partner does this independently for many of the realestate companies in the north shore providing photos and floorplans for marketing realestate. Prices range from $110 for single residential floorplan depending on size, colour, siteplans for houses etc.

PM me for more details.

7. Sk3tChY

Jacque - I've been a little preoccupied with other things, but I'll definitely keep you guys posted on how things go.

I might actually take up blackjacks offer. :)

8. Sk3tChY

Took up blackjacks offer and would definitely recommend them, very quick easy and professional!

Viencreations for anyone interested. :D

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.