Join our investing community

Howdy all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by xxjohnboy, 23rd Jul, 2006.

1. xxjohnboy

xxjohnboy New Member

My name is John WIlkinson. I'm 24 and currently own a marketing business with my business partner. I haven't done any investing yet but I did spend heaps of time on the the old stockcentral.com.au forums a few years ago. Thought it might be a good idea to join up one again and let those good influences rub off on me...

JB

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi John and welcome to InvestEd

That's what it's all about- getting together in an environment with likeminded investors and sharing your knowledge as well as learning.
    What has been your investment experience so far, and what have you learnt along the way?

3. xxjohnboy

xxjohnboy New Member

Well, like I said I haven't invested anything at the moment. I made a portfolio in about 2001 with fake money and managed to beat the all ords. My strategy was pretty simple, I went through to one of the lending places and picked all the companies that I could invest in and leverage at 60% or more. This left me with about 130 companies to choose from. Then I chose the ones with the lowest P/E ratios in each of the industries. Or something like that. It was a while ago.

I got hammered pretty early though so I would have had a margin call. When I do get some money up to start investing I will be keeping my leverage to about 50% I reckon. Though I will still use a similar strategy for picking the companies I invest in.

JB