Join our investing community

Howdy everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mattybro90, 5th Jun, 2009.

1. mattybro90

mattybro90 New Member

Hey guys, glad to be part of this community, my names Matty, im 18 and i have been very interested in making money since i was about 12. i joined up here so i can get to talk and meet other people in AUS who have the same interest as me :)

ask anyone if they want to be rich and of course they are going to say yes but most of them will just be stuck in the rat race for the rest of their lives not doing anything about it and waiting for the right time to become rich. im not one of those people, i started my journey to wealth 2 years ago when i got my first job and so far its going great (besides my nab shares halving in price last year) haha

just out of curiosity is there many people my age on this forum? or are they all too busy getting drunk and stoned all day like all my mates haha

2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Welcome to Invested. I'm 24, but I've been part of these forums since I was 22.

3. dynasty007

dynasty007 Member

Hi Matty,

Welcome to the club. I am not as young as you, I just turned 25 but have been interested in investing for quite a while now. I just bought my first investment property!

I must say I did not know much about investing when I was 18, I was busy at uni trying to get my degree in order to get a job which would lead to being able to invest. I had the plan mapped out just was not in a position to take any action.

It's awesome to see someone of your age on here, 99% of my mates are still interested in getting wasted every weekend and they are aged between 22 - 27!

Mike.

4. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Getting wasted regularly and being interested in investing aren't mutually exclusive. Hell I'd even argue there are a lot of people that are really into investing so that it will facilitate them getting wasted every weekend in the future... or at least having a few cocktails on some exotic beach.

:rolleyes:

5. mattybro90

mattybro90 New Member

haha thanks man, yeh im hoping to buy my first investment property sometime next year as i believe once the home owners grant pisses off then i have a feeling that property prices may reduce even further for a bit

yeh theres not many 18 yr olds interested in this sort of stuff haha i like being different :)

6. dane

dane New Member

I'm 19, ive been investing since i was 18. There isnt many our age investing, but thats a good thing it gives us years on everbody else.:)

7. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

Hey Matty

If you want a good read, (and have plenty of time) check out
    "Time for action!" by Comleks. It's a massive thread, with everybody pitching in to help Compleks with his investment planning. Dare you to read it in one hit!

Cheers, Johny.

P.S. Try "Young Investors (<30) Thread"
    Inspiring!

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Jul, 2009