Join our investing community

Howdy from Canberra

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bazza52, 17th Jan, 2007.

1. bazza52

bazza52 Member

Gday all!

I have been a reader for a little while - thought I'd better get involved! :)

A bit of background - my partner and I have gone through a huge mindset change in the past year or so, sparked by a bit of Kiyosaki (as I'm sure a few people started out). We are currently paying off our PPoR in Canberra, have invested with Navra (which is how I came across this forum), and are looking to get a CG IP when some family debt is payed off - which is very soon.

Cheers :D

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

Welcome bazza52 - glad you are making progress. Hope we can help you on your path to financial freedom.

3. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Bazza and welcome :)

Nice to have another Canberrite on board- there are quite a few here already, including the famous renovating duo- Simon and Julie Macken- who will be able to provide you with lots of tips when you go searching for that ACT IP. The half that they don't own, that is ;)

When you say mindset has been changed, what particular part of his book really resonated with you or caused that lightbulb moment?

4. bazza52

bazza52 Member

A lot of things clicked for me all at once from various seminars and books - focussing on buying appreciating assets, being an investor/business owner instead of a full time consumer, not living pay to pay, getting out of bad debt, buying time, not working away at a job that you don't love, all those sorts of things.

So basically the way we think about money, debt and retirement is much different!

5. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Once your mindset has changed, the wheels have turned and you really are onto a new path financially. Best of luck Bazza and we look forward to helping you along the journey :)

6. FreedomLadder

FreedomLadder Member

Howdy from Canberra!

Hi Bazza,

I'm a newbie and I'm from Canberra too! Looks like there's a few Canberra members - I was pleasantly surprised. There are way too many people in this city that rely on the government to give them financial security ... if you've read any Robert Kiyosaki books you'll know that having more security means having less freedom! So it's great to see people who have a keen interest in increasing their financial literacy and taking control of their financial future.

I came across this website whilst searching for a Cashflow Club -- I believe there's one here in Canberra? Do you know anything about it?

Cheers,
    Debbie

---------------------
    Debbie-Jo Dutton
    Your wealth matters! Stay as you are, or change your life forever ...
    AGEL - The NEXT Generation Business Opportunity

7. bazza52

bazza52 Member

Hi Debbie and welcome!! :D

I have been involved with the Canberra Region Investors Network for about a year now, great bunch of people and they organise excellent events including Cashflow games. I actually came across them from the Rich Dad community website. See this post for details.

8. Tzaki

Tzaki Well-Known Member

Debbie,

Drop me a line if you want a game of cashflow, I run them for CRIN and will play at the drop of a hat!! :)

I dont know when the next CRIN cashflow is, but you are welcome to come have a game anytime.

Steve K