Join our investing community

I am new and need some suggestions

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by Summer05, 6th Nov, 2009.

1. Summer05

Summer05 New Member

Hello

I am new to this forum and I really need a career change, so I would like to study for the Diploma in Financial Services through Kaplan. I have a good background in Management and have a postgraduate Diploma and a masters where I have covered business and financial management. I worked in Education in the Business dev dep, in London United Kingdom, but have recently (4 weeks ago) moved to South Australia, and would like to enter the banking industry.

Is the RG146 the right route to gain the minimun knowledge required to work in the banking industry or do you really need to be working for a financial institution before you can do the course.

Any thoughts, suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Summer :)

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

Hi Summer,

You can do the course whenever you want.

Cheers,

Dan

3. navjit6

navjit6 Active Member

I am also about to start the DFS (FP) through Kaplan. There are many different types of DFS from Kaplan..i.e. Financial Planning, Financial Markets, Lending, Mortgage Broking, Finance/Mortgage Broking Management, Finance/Mortgage Broking. Depending on what area of banking you wish to get into, but yes i would believe that would be a minimum to get into banking. Or you could try getting a job as a teller within one of the Banks, and i would say there is chance for progression, and they might even pay for your further study.