I had to laugh!!!

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jacque, 10th Jan, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Today, when traipsing up and down stairs looking at units, I overheard a buyer ask the agent if there was any extra visitor parking in the complex. The particular unit he was looking at only had one spot and he was a two car family. He'd spotted what appeared to be a space outside the front.
    "Unfortunately, no" the agent replied. "That's a reversing bay in front of the building".
    "Oh that's ok!", the buyer replied. "I always reverse park anyway"
    Needless to say, the agent's look said it all :D

2. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

Typical selfish thinking that permeates a strata:eek: - so he will fit in well:D

Reminds me of a example some years ago where one of the new owners wanted to build a carport over a visitors car space for hi exclusive use - because he had been informed by the agent that nobody will mind as its at the end of the driveway.;):D

A more recent example is an owner (actually a tenant of the owner where the owner has given him strata authority -mind boggling) wanting to build laundries in every unit to get away from a shared laundry as there is not room for washing machines for each unit. At least he is thinking of everyone but still completely impractical.

There seems to be overriding thought that the strata is some fairy god father with unlimited funds responsible for everything (such as dump garbage), whilst said owner /tenant has to do nothing about stopping said action of dumping!!!

Its a constant battle

Cheers

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I wouldn't say just selfish. Dumb is what initially came to mind :D

Agree, with some owners seeming to think that the OC is akin to a state government!! The bigger the block it's worse I'm sure...