I think I am getting Shares obsessed

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by perky, 12th Oct, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. perky

perky Well-Known Member

Guys,
    Over the course of this year I have developed another obsession (on top of my property obsession) - shares and managed funds.
    This is a nasty affliction - I find myself continually watching the shares prices of the Navra "portfolio", via my commsec account. I have also set up a Westpac broking account to be used with my BT Margin Loan account.
    Whats worse I am now starting to margin loan against those gains and buy other shares on my own :eek: - so far with mixed success.
    At last Navra's rental reality (when applied to shares) I am beginning to comprehend. I even have my lovely wife starting to understand (and pick) the charts. :D .
    Does anyone else here suffer from the same obsession ?? :eek: :eek:

2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Perky,

Trading is a VERY additive business...
    If you get good results, you will trade as long as your brain is working !!.
    G.T.
    :cool:

3. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Perky,

Me too, but not to the same degree as yourself fortunately! I check the ASX for the ASX200 movements daily, but mostly because I'm finally about to get my funds into Navra Retail. Daily movements of +/- a percent would be affecting my unit cost.

How are you tracking the daily Navra unit cost in Comsec? I've got a Comsec account so could do likewise.

Cheers,
    Michael

4. Steve Navra

Steve Navra Well-Known Member

Whew . . . and I thought I was all alone :D

Regards,
    Steve

5. perky

perky Well-Known Member

I have two portfolios set up with the 25 odd shares that Navra is trading in. Called them Nav1 and Nav2. Easier to watch the movements that way - though not as good as if you were in the office there with Steve :)

6. SydneyCider

SydneyCider Member

Yes, I'm sure the guys who monitor the web surfing at work must be wondering what is this www.navrainest.com.au that keeps getting hits throughout the day from my account. :)

Maybe they'll be curious enough to take a look for themselves and even more funds will start to flow in.