Join our investing community

I think this is nearly over

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by balmy nights, 5th Sep, 2010.

1. balmy nights

balmy nights Member

Just about to submit my last assignment IP!

Think that was just about the hardest one for me, this forum has helped heaps, but as with every assignment I have submitted I am not completely happy with everything I have done.

But as I have a job riding on me passing unit 4 by 29th October I just have to submit it at see where we go.

Good luck to all you guys still going, if anyone needs any pointers on the other 3 let me know, don't know I'd be pointing you in the right direction until I have IP marked so no questions on that one.

Fingers crossed x

2. S_Nagy

S_Nagy New Member

Thats great news, have you had any word back yet??
    Im still having some dramas with the Super assignment
    Its not so much that I don't have an understanding of the concepts, I am now resubmitting question 6 and feel like there are so many things to cover I need some guidance as to how to structure my answer, they stipulate that a SOA is not needed but can you give me an idea of how you stuctured your answer to make sure you covered all of their goals and objectives.
    The feedback I received was mainly that I didn't go into enough detail.

3. balmy nights

balmy nights Member

Hi S_Nagy

today has been a crap day, found out my IP assignment is wrong and is on its way back for me to re do!!!!! And have to go back to resit 2 modules of my SRP exam - I am trying to take the positive that at least i don't have to resit all 6!!!!

I didn't do an SOA.

What I did do is cover all their goals and objectives I actually listed these at the beginning of my recommendations in bullet form to make sure I didn't forget anything.

Covered my assumptions, and did alot of waffling about why I had made the recommendations that I had.

REcommeded a review in 6 months to cover any changes etc.

But really I only layed it our in paragraph form.

If you are stuck on anything in particular let me know.

I may need some advice from you when I finally receive my assignment back.

I am clearly not as close to the end as I thought I was LOL x

4. S_Nagy

S_Nagy New Member

Ah noooooooo!!!!:eek:
    IP was a bit of a pain, bet you its the stupid question about government bonds or whatever it was?? sound familiar
    I remember having to resubmit 1 question and I don't know whether I got it 100% right in the end but I must have done enough to be marked competent, I only wish there was a little more feedback with KAPLAN.
    Let me know and I'll dig it out for you, as for the SRP exam you'll be right second time round, I think they just like to give us all a hard time LOL
    I haven't done it yet though, so let me know what I need to study up on!!