If you had $100k, what would you invest in and why?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Sk3tChY, 11th Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

You have $100k cash, where would you start and why.

Poll closed 8th Sep, 2007.
  1. Shares

5.3%
  2. Managed Funds

10.5%
  3. Property

52.6%
  4. Shares & Managed Funds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Shares & Property

5.3%
  6. Managed Funds & Property

26.3%
  1. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

I didnt know NFS helped find property as well. Do you act as a buyer's agent? What fee do you charge (assuming the client hasnt paid the ~5k to wave all future fees)?

2. 24724

24724 Well-Known Member

Hi, crc_error, and others,
    It's been through personal experience with Navra Financial Services in Brissie over the past 3 years (almost) that I can personally vouch for all that Mark has stated in his last post.
    My plan was started late 2004. The team in Brissie sourced a property for me, after spending a great deal of time showing me around all areas of Brisbane. The property has, in that time, shown paper capital growth of about 13% per year....not real bad considering my timing wasn't all that flash.:cool:
    I also invested in Navra Retail fund, and have been more than happy with the distributions paid.
    My plan has worked very well for me.
    Overall, it has been a very rewarding experience dealing with both Mark and Roger, and Navra Financial Services in general. If ever I have a question for Mark that needs answering, I can always be assured that he will respond almost straight away with an answer that has proved to be correct.
    And I can also state unequivocally that he is fully customer-focused, if my experience is anything to go by. Great to work with.
    He runs rings around my previous financial planner, too.
    Just my thoughts, and a little support for my team up in Brissie.:D
    Cheers
    Jayar

3. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Hi voigstr,

Roger is a licensed real estate agent as well as a financial planner. There are no fees charged for sourcing property - Roger receives the standard REIQ commission for the property and a % of the commission is paid to your planner (whoever that may be).

Everything is fully disclosed to the client.

Mark

4. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Hi Jayar,

Thanks for the support! You're gonna give me a fat head!

Mark

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

And this is displayed via your passion in what you post here, and this is great! I also agree that property is a good vehicle to financial freedom. 60% of the BRW Top 100 actually made their wealth through property.

What are you talking about? Where was I asking for a apology that you make money doing what you do? For every service there is a fee, and your entitled to charge a fee just like any other planner out there. I was namely highlighting the fact that you also make money through recommending property, as a previous poster was suggesting that your to be admired to be suggesting property, as managed funds pay trails, and somehow you dont make anything from your property recommendation, which isn't the case.

I'm not sure where all this energy is coming from, but where have I said that your stratergie with property is flawed? Are you in some way threatened by the fact that I challenge your stratergie and point out other options avaliable to investors which may offer silular results as property? Isn't the reason for this website to put on the table all options out there? I can understand that you sell a product, and your posting here is going to be bias towards promoting your methods, but I am a independent private investor who has been investing for the last 8 or so years. I have tried things, some have failed, some have worked well. What I discuss here will in no way benefit me. I speak from experiance and do have a understanding of what I talk about. Property isn't the only way to make money, sure its a great way to go about it, and its worked for many people, including myself, but after been there and transacted with property, I can see all the hidden costs associated with it which chew up your end result. Stamp duty for one is a killer. You loose $20-30,000 just by buying a property.. So in my mind, if I can get a similar result as a property investment, but without the large costs associated with it, its something I will consider.

You prehaps don't understand the 100% structured products out there, as when I asked you why you don't like them, your answer was that they are 'too complex.' This really isn't a satisfactory answer from someone who is a expert. To me, a property purchase can be considered 'complex' also. I'm not saying those products are be all end all, as they aren't, but they are a option to consider. In saying this, there is no need to get worked up about this healthy discussion. I am here to learn, and want your opinion as well.

And this is great, and I'm sure your good at what you do.. Who knows, one day if I require a property, then I might even give you a call!

All this is healthy discussion, and this is what this forum is all about.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice