I'm Short Stocks, Buying Dollars: Hugh Hendry

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Tropo, 12th Mar, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I'm Short Stocks, Buying Dollars: Hugh Hendry

The stock market is still an unsafe place for investors as quantitative easing, by which central banks boost the supply of money attempting to kick-start economies, is unlikely to work, Hugh Hendry, Chief Investment Officer at Eclectica, told CNBC.
    Hendry also disagreed with Warren Buffett's view, recently expressed to CNBC, that inflation is likely to be as bad if not worse than in the 1970s. "I've honestly never known a time of near-universal conviction that we have to worry about inflation today," Hendry told "Squawk Box Europe." .... more I'm Short Stocks, Buying Dollars: Hugh Hendry - Economy * Europe * News * Story - CNBC.com

2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with him on the point that inflation is not a prominent issue, YET. Though historically gold has also performed well through periods of deflation given the likelihood of inflation through massive amounts of printing, and markets are forward looking and making their investments now especially given there is a real shortage of gold in the world (as in they only mine X amount of it a year), where as there is no shortage of government bonds coming onto the markets these days.

Though at the same time I will not be surprised if gold heads down further before heading back up...