Income protection insurance

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Tallis, 6th Jun, 2014.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tallis

Tallis Member

Good morning, having accessed my income support insurance due to a cancer diagnosis, payments have ceased due to the 2 year time limit covered by my plan.
    Should I be expected to continue paying the monthly premiums automatically taken out of my super account?
    I don't believe I can access income protection again, I am on a disability pension now, is it the norm to continue paying for an insurance I will not be able to access again?

2. Christianrenel

Christianrenel Active Member

Making a Claim

Hi Tallis,

If your income protection is still in force, you may be able to claim underneath the policy with regards to different injury.

e.g. From your post you had cancer and you have made the maxmium claim against the policy. You may be able to make a claim under a unrelated disease such broken arm.

Kind Regards

Christianrenel

[email protected]

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia