Increased demand for rental rolls

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Jacque, 20th Jun, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

I guess it's a by product of the slump that we're experiencing, but rental rolls are in high demand at the moment as they provide a steady income source that can see many agencies through the leaner times of sales. This exerpt from REINSW:

Demand for real estate agencies and rent rolls remains strong, and several factors at play in the current property cycle may even help drive demand (and prices) up further, writes John Higginbotham.

Despite the doom and gloom and seemingly endless market commentary about the downturn in the real estate sector, there is finally good news on the horizon. As the real estate market continues to slow, demand for rent rolls and quality agencies with strong fundamentals and healthy bottom lines is actually increasing. In fact, many business broking services are recording rent roll sales in excess of the magic million dollar mark.

What used to be the exception is fast becoming the rule. We expect that in 2006 there will be continued upward pressure on prices and multipliers in key regions.

The hottest of these areas will be Sydney’s eastern suburbs, the inner west, lower north shore and northern beaches. Agencies and rent rolls in solid regional centres will also be in demand.

2. perky

perky Well-Known Member

I am not sure about the hills area, at the moment the rents are going up a little but not much. Strange that my place in a Brissie bayside suburb is going to get at least a 10% rent rise when the lease comes up in a couple of months :D - thanks to the forum person who alerted me of that fact ;)

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

See how belonging to a forum like this has definite financial advantages, Perky? I think you owe that forumite a drink or two for that extra $2K or so you're going to make over the next lease :)

4. perky

perky Well-Known Member

It does help :)