Info source needed for Rental Reality

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Ol School Skata, 28th Nov, 2005.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ol School Skata

Ol School Skata Well-Known Member

Where can in find the 5 year rolling rent return for properties for various suburbs?

PS Update - I have looked on Residex but cannot find the report as mentioned in the previous post. Do you need to specifically ask for this report from residex?

I assume other data providers can supply this inro - homepriceguide.com.au, rpdata.com.au - correct?

Dare i ask - is there a free provider of such information??? :p

OSS

Last edited by a moderator: 28th Nov, 2005
  2. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Rental Yields

Hi OSS

You might find this one useful :
    http://www.eaussie.com.au/aussie_valuer.htm

Its free for limited use. Gives you 5 years of top middle and bottom prices, but only one figure for rental return. Still, the price is right :)

I haven't yet found a good rolling historical rental yield figure ... even Residex only seems to report the latest quarter on the ones I've seen - anyone ?

Cheers
    Carl

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

No such luck, OSS. Residex doesn't provide such information on their site, though if you contact them directly I believe you can purchase the specific information you're after.
    Not sure about HPG, but let us know how you go :)

4. Ol School Skata

Ol School Skata Well-Known Member

I would have thought this info would be fairly accessible. Might be best to buy some old API mag's and obtain yearly rent figures from these or old REIQ mags that way you have all the info for all/most suburbs. I know they are not dead accurate and require some give an take with type of dwelling (unit/apartment/townhouse classified as "unit"), but its a start.

OSS