Join our investing community

Info

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tropo, 7th Mar, 2006.

1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

AUD ($ OZ) at mercy of USD moves with big-dollar roaring higher overnight, pushing AUD back toward 0.7400.
    Rising U.S. bond yields are proving a magnet for investors. Situation has serious consequences for AUD, says Craig Ferguson, strategist at ANZ.
    Base metals likely to consolidate and gold will struggle to gain in current environment.
    Reserve Bank of Australia board meets today and is expected to complete full year with cash rate on hold at 5.50%.
    Patchy economic profile includes weak housing sector, consumption offset by strong business investment. Inflation appears contained, with just about all indicators suggesting core and headline measures well within RBA's 2%-3% band. It could be another year before pressures are such that rates will need to be moved, some economists say.
    :cool:

2. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Nothing new there, really, in that rates aren't forecast to move over the next 12 mths. One only has to look at current fixed rates to realise that the RBA are going to be pretty quiet for a little while.
    Remember that the banks always win :)

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

I know. It's just a reminder.
    " Remember that the banks always win "
    That is what worries me a bit
    But I am working on it ... :rolleyes:
    :cool: