Join our investing community

Internet connection

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tropo, 25th Mar, 2009.

1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Internet connection

I experience problems (connection is lost quite frequently) with the internet connection (internode) for the last few weeks...
    Is there any reliable provider you would recommend? :eek:

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

It's most likely not Internode that is your problem, but your phone line, router, or other devices connected to the phone system.

First up, I suggest logging a support call with Internode to determine that there are no configuration problems. They can run some tests on your phone line to determine what level of noise there is which may be impacting on the reliability.

Are there other devices plugged into your phone connection? Has anything changed recently?

To get the most reliable connection, a central splitter is recommended for your home - this provides the cleanest copper path to your modem to ensure the best possible connection within your home.

It may also be a problem with the Telstra lines going to your house - water in the junction box, or a badly placed connection - Internode should be able to help diagnose these problems.

Note that waiting times can be lengthy for support at the moment (YMMV), so don't call on your mobile, and be prepared to wait.

3. Billv

Billv Getting there

tropo

As Sim said internode is probably not the cause of your problems
    however, if you are after reliable service, generous download limits and an affordable price try exetel

4. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Thanks Sim and Bill for your comments.:D
    I’ll investigate all options. :cool: