Join our investing community

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ghanu, 8th Apr, 2008.

1. Ghanu

Ghanu New Member

My name is Ghanshyam Patel from sydney, u may be find my name bit long! so you can call me Patel !, i have done Bachelor of IT, and currently i am working as IT Technician.
    I recently joined DFS(Financial planning) from Kaplan university, and i want become financial planner, i have strong financial background as we have share broking firm in India. i have keen intrest in financial markets, i have some investment in India, Australia and USA. I am very much aware of Equity, Forex, Future & options, EFT, manged funds, PMS (Portfolio managment Service), commodites.

I want to create my carrier in Financial industry, so i have joined DFS, now i am looking for the entry level experiance in the financial planning, i found its very hard to start as a beginner. i came accros to this great fourm, i think this will help me a lot to get knowledge of Finacial planning

2. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

Welcome on board GP!

Keep looking, I'm sure you can find a role.

Cheers
    N

3. Ghanu

Ghanu New Member

Thanks

Thanks very much for giving me support, As i have overseas background i am finding bit difficult but i am trying my best.. i am applying every Entry level job in financial market.. This kind of fourm really help us a lot and to expand our knowledge and courage.

4. The Stig

The Stig Well-Known Member

Hi,

It took me a few months to land a job as well.

Just don't give up.

Don't rely on recruitment companies.

Knock on doors, write letter, send emails and faxes directly to every financial planning company where you want to work. Get to know people too. A lot of the time it's a case of who you know, not what you know to get a job in this industry.

Good Luck.
    The Stig