Join our investing community

InvestEd LIVE!

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Nigel Ward, 27th Jul, 2006.

1. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

We are planning an InvestEd live event in October.

It's to be in October because Steve is having a 2 month holiday (I guess living on equity is gooood :rolleyes: ).

Subject to what InvestEders want, the broad plan is that Steve will give a presentation and answer questions from the floor.

BUT we need you to tell us what you want to hear about. Please post your requests here and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers
    N.

2. Barracuda

Barracuda Active Member

I wouldn't mind some discussion on the short-medium term plans for capital growth in the fund - given the rate movements, the short-medium term effects of interest capitalisation are quickly eroding margin. Would be good to know whether holding out for CG to aid interest capitalisation is a flawed approach.

Cheers,

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

I think that has already been answered by NavraInvest in the past ... the fund is an income fund - any direct capital growth is a nice-to-have, and not the prime goal of the fund.

You get growth by reinvesting your distributions.

From the FAQ:

... of course, this is still an interesting discussion point (in the context of interest capitalisation) which would be good to get Steve's response to.

4. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Team InvestEd

*bump* okay team, keep the requests coming. I want to be able to tell Steve what "the people" want when he jets back in all tanned and relaxed...

Cheers
    N.

5. Simon Hampel

Just so it's on the list - I would like Steve's thoughts on diversification beyond the Australian sharemarket and real estate market to maximise growth.

6. pudsa

pudsa Well-Known Member

7. Simon Hampel

It is certainly a worthwhile topic to discuss - it will be added to the list.

I will mention that you shouldn't have to reinvest distributions to maintain margin if you have a decent buffer in place (ie a reasonable LVR). In a down market your LVR will drop for a while - but that's to be expected.

With zero growth though, LVR should be maintained ... although it will rise and fall as profits are accumulated and distributed ... but shouldn't drop over time.

However, if you are capitalising interest, then you would definitiely want to be reinvesting distributions !!

8. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Personally I find that when I take a few weeks off, that is when I have more time for reflection and it's therefore usually the time I make some of my biggest 'life-changing' decisions. I think this is fairly true for many of us.

Having said that, I would be amazed if after having a few months off, Steve wasn't also either bursting at the seams with renewed energy for existing ventures or indeed he may have a number of new projects he'd like to explore.

Some of these things may well be personal but if Steve would like to share some of his thoughts, I'd be fascinated to hear:

a) What are some of the 'big ticket' plans for the Navra Group over the next 0-3 years.

b) Without being 'predictive' ;) , does he see any major changes to the investment/risk landscape that should receive priority in the next few years.

9. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

How about taping it and hosting the audio or video on InvestEd ;)

10. Simon Hampel

That certainly is the plan if possible.