Investing / Economic Related TV Sows

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Chris C, 10th Apr, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what, if any, TV shows people try to watch fairly religiously to keep their fingers on the plus of both investment strategies here in Australia and the Australian/World economic conditions?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Inside Business on the ABC monday mornings is usually pretty good - and Lateline Business occasionally has a good story.

The best part is that you can watch both of these shows online:

Inside Business
    Lateline Business - ABC

... in general, I don't watch a lot of TV - I use the web for my information.

Just remember that the experts as usually wrong as often as they are right - so sometimes "keeping your finger on the pulse" can be counter-productive for wealth building.

3. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

A Wonderful Program

I recently discovered 'Property Ladder' whilst visiting the UK. I hope and pray someone brings it over here.

The presenter and property development guru Sara Beany looks at projects proposed by usually young couples doing their first or sometimes later, but first much larger, project.

They have a plan which she looks at and then offers perfectly sensible suggested improvements. That's when the fun begins!

Our Apprentice millionaires usually reject most of what she has to say out of hand as being inconsistent with their 'Vision'.

They have usually mortgaged themselves up to the hilt but what the hell, they are just going to 'Go for it'

Sara then exhibits the patience of Solomon as they 'Go under it.'

Sadly episodes don't end with these nongs being filmed leaving Bankruptcy Courts.

They are usually saved by taking to so long to finish their dream homes that the rising market allows them to make a paper profit.

Sara quietly explains they would have made that any way by just buying and holding.

It's a property program with genuine drama as opposed to the confected tension that Pommy architect tries to stir up in 'Grand Designs'

Along the way you learn a lot about what to do and not do in redevelopments. as well.

4. darlingpt

darlingpt New Member

property ladder has been on foxtel for the last couple of years and yes its definitely a good show. Foxtel has a few a other ones which are property related such as homes under the hammer etc.

5. jenpalex

jenpalex Active Member

First thing I have ever heard about Foxtel that would interest me in subscribing.

Is there anything else on there that could interest any one who isn't sport mad with an IQ over 90?