Managed Funds Investing in Index Funds Is No Longer Passive

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Tropo, 5th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

2. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

is the fiscal ignorance worse than i feared ???,

even in a genuine passive ETF like VAS ( which i hold ) surely folks know the subtleties of tracking a market index ( cap. weighting , index re-balances courtesy of S&P )

that index will NOT stay frozen solid over 10 years ( maybe not over 12 months )

does the investor need an IQ test before being allowed to invest , or do product-salesman need to be put under the microscope ( again )

sorry but ETF research is HARD work .. the only thing simple is buyer ignorance

please take care

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Ignorance, passiveness and luck of knowledge is a recipe for disaster.
    Personally I am not interested in ETFs, but no matter which way you'll go, make sure that you know what you are doing.
    Currently North Pole is permanently frozen, but this may change in the future.
    Have fun !

2 people like this.
  4. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i do what i can to educate myself , first

however some solutions are sold as simple solutions to the unaware .. and that has been the graveyard of many a retirement fund , i believe the GFC had a problem with over-hyped plantation trusts . and REITs

if investing was easy, we could all put $10 in the bank ( per week ) and retire comfortably ( when that time comes )

cheers

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia