Investing-related podcasts?

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by hobo, 5th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

I am just starting to get into podcasts and am looking for any suggestions of what people have found interesting / informative.

So far I've subscribed to 'The SMSF Academy' and am enjoying that..... can anyone suggest any others? I am open to pretty much any topics related to investing - analysis / asset classes / superannuation / portfolio management / taxation etc.

I know there's a couple of property-specific podcast lists over on PC (e.g. Podcast) so am hoping there's a similar range of non-property investing podcasts as well....

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Oct, 2016
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I've got the following in my Podcast app, but haven't started listening to them yet, so I don't know if they are worth the effort yet:
    ... actually, I thought there were more - the others are all Property related ones.

2 people like this.
  3. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Hmm... not quite money related but it's my favorite and, every so often, they have interesting money related topics.

Planet Money NPR
    Some of my favorite episodes:
    1. Episode 688: Brilliant vs. Boring
    In 2006, Warren Buffett posed a challenge. He bet that the smartest hedge fund managers out there couldn't beat the world's simplest, most brainless investment. In this show, we tell you who's winning.

2. Episode 644: How Much Does This Cow Weigh?
    We wanted to understand an eerie phenomenon that drives everything from the stock market to the price of orange juice.
    So, a few weeks ago, we asked Planet Money listeners to guess the weight of a cow.

3. Episode 656: Bubblelicious
    A herd of unicorns — startups valued at over $1 billion — are gathering in the Bay Area. Uber, Airbnb, Palantir... It's not often in human history that so much wealth has grown so quickly in one place.
    There is a boom on. But economists say you can't call it a bubble till... well, until it goes POP. Today on the show: We visit three bubbly barometers that some say signal a coming bust.

Enjoy!

:cool:

2 people like this.