Join our investing community

Investing-related podcasts?

Discussion in 'General Investing Discussion' started by hobo, 5th Oct, 2016.

1. hobo

hobo Moderator Staff Member

12th Dec, 2012
    I am just starting to get into podcasts and am looking for any suggestions of what people have found interesting / informative.

So far I've subscribed to 'The SMSF Academy' and am enjoying that..... can anyone suggest any others? I am open to pretty much any topics related to investing - analysis / asset classes / superannuation / portfolio management / taxation etc.

I know there's a couple of property-specific podcast lists over on PC (e.g. Podcast) so am hoping there's a similar range of non-property investing podcasts as well....

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: 5th Oct, 2016
    twisted strategies likes this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

9th Jun, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I've got the following in my Podcast app, but haven't started listening to them yet, so I don't know if they are worth the effort yet:
    ... actually, I thought there were more - the others are all Property related ones.
    twisted strategies and hobo like this.
  3. trinity168

trinity168 Active Member

16th Sep, 2016
    Hmm... not quite money related but it's my favorite and, every so often, they have interesting money related topics.

Planet Money NPR
    Some of my favorite episodes:
    1. Episode 688: Brilliant vs. Boring
    In 2006, Warren Buffett posed a challenge. He bet that the smartest hedge fund managers out there couldn't beat the world's simplest, most brainless investment. In this show, we tell you who's winning.

2. Episode 644: How Much Does This Cow Weigh?
    We wanted to understand an eerie phenomenon that drives everything from the stock market to the price of orange juice.
    So, a few weeks ago, we asked Planet Money listeners to guess the weight of a cow.

3. Episode 656: Bubblelicious
    A herd of unicorns — startups valued at over $1 billion — are gathering in the Bay Area. Uber, Airbnb, Palantir... It's not often in human history that so much wealth has grown so quickly in one place.
    There is a boom on. But economists say you can't call it a bubble till... well, until it goes POP. Today on the show: We visit three bubbly barometers that some say signal a coming bust.

twisted strategies and hobo like this.