Investment Loan for Shares / Managed Funds

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Sacko, 19th Nov, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sacko

Sacko Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I'm getting pretty p@ssed off with having to keep topping up my margin loan facility to avoid exceeding the buffer and frankly I'm starting to run out of funds!

The vast majority of my portfolio are blue chips that I'm planning on holding "forever" and I also have some funds tied up in short / medium term take over plays recommended by the Rivkin report I therefore need to be in control of when / if I sell.

So what I'm looking for is a non-secured product that I can use to clear the margin loan and then pay the new loan off (plus the tax deductible interest) over the next 3 -5 years at a reasonable interest rate. This would save me the hassle wondering what the market is doing every 15 mins and whether I'm going to get that "phone call"

Does any know whether there is a product out there to suit this situation or do I just go and get a personal loan at the cheapest rate I can find?

Any thoughts / comments would be greatly appreciated - preferably before I use up all my funds and pull my hair out!

2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

best is to borrow against a property.. low rate, no margin calls.

frankly I think I am over margin loans.. they force you to sell at the worst time.. cost you heaps in interest, and double your loss when the 50% comes around every decade or so which wipes you out.

How are you finding the rivkin report anyway? what were the 10 blue chip portfolio they released recently? When I was a subscriber I found that getting into their recommendations was almost impossible.. as to many people would jump on the buy! (or sell)