Join our investing community

investment planning 1 exam version 3001

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by balmy nights, 25th Nov, 2010.

1. balmy nights

balmy nights Member

Has anyone done the Investment planning exam version 3001. Be interested in some feed back.

I have taken once and will have to redo. Kaplan had agreed to an administration error and have agreed to pay for my reist.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

2. serge g

serge g Active Member

Hi Balmy,

I haven't sat this exam, I did the previous version, but a mate in my dealer group just did it and he sailed through, said it was great - challenging, but it tested the really important stuff in the book. And better written than some of the other exams - much clearer choices and answers that are more obvious, if you know your stuff. He got his course notes about four weeks ago and they told him it was a brand new course. He did his assignment in two weeks, studied a couple of weekends, did the exam last week and passed easily. I had a look at his notes and I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the rewrite they've done, I recognized a few passages here and there but it's pretty much a brand new book. They seem to have got rid of a lot of folksy writing and tangential discussion that the old course had and replaced it with much more solid knowledge that's relevant to a wide range of investment situations. The derivatives coverage looks much, much better - my mate liked it so much he's actually thinking of switching out of planning and into trading - and the tax and analysis sections at the end are deep and broad. It looks like a course that will sort the men from the boys, and as a planner, I can tell you there are far too many boys in this game. They give the rest of us a bad name.

Of course, my mate is exceptionally bright and to anybody else who's only had this course for a few weeks, I'd suggest you've probably sat the exam too soon. How many modules did you pass?

3. balmy nights

balmy nights Member

Thats great news.

I did notice the version seemed alot more indepth.

Will continue reading before I resit obviously, but the more knowledge is to my gain..

Thanks for your great feedback

4. serge g

serge g Active Member

So what did they do to owe you a free resit?

5. Mel1776

Mel1776 Member

i recently sat the exam and will have to do a resit - i found the exam nothing like the previous ones sat - written differently. I would be interested in what admin error they came up with for you as i don't feel that some of the answers I input where wrong.
    Even after participating in the intensive workshop, it still was not an assistance enough to get through the exam. Currently i'm concentrating on the assignment before going in to resit.

6. Balin54

Balin54 Member

Did you sit the pre exam in my Kaplan. Q13. Ip1 (3001)????
    I was wondering I sat it twice and got about 54% Comp. What is the true exam really like. Do you need a calculator to take or what?
    The pre exam was ok, but I found every time you go back in the questions change around. They are still the same questions but in a different spot. It's fun to do and it gives you the true answers at the end of the pre exam. would like to know if you or anybody else has seen this pre exam as well.

7. rafero

rafero New Member

Help

Hey,

Can you please tell me what the admin error was? I am really unhappy with the exams. I have taken the re-sit and have failed yet again on the same questions. Also if you can provide some info on how you got them to help would be great.

Thanks

8. rafero

rafero New Member

Worst for me

Hi Mel,

I am far worst than you, i took my re-sit today and FAILED AGAIN!! I definitely agree that some of the questions are wrong. I did a purchase price question and using the formula in the book, i could not achieve the same results!

Very frustrating and good luck for you.