Join our investing community

Investment Planning 1

Discussion in 'Financial Planning Study Group' started by Steanie, 10th Jan, 2011.

1. Steanie

Steanie Member

Hi guys,
    Has any one successfully completed this assignment and is willing to lend a helping hand on this one?
    I am stuck on a couple of questions and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank

2. LisaJ

LisaJ Member

id love some help too. i cant even concisely out down the differences between a financial planner and a stockbroker!

3. builder2818

builder2818 Well-Known Member

I don't completely understand what your reply meant to the original post, but it also concerns me that there are many people in this section of the forums undertaking their DFP and cannot understand basic concepts when it comes to the topics they are referring to.

I have been a builder for 6 years and studying my DFP and 2 subjects down so far. I have a passion for finance and financial markets (especially trading them) and I wonder what sort of advisers will be coming into the industry if people are struggling with this stuff.

It's one of the things that gives the industry a bad name and the reason why there is pushes for a degree to be the minimum qualification to be obtained before someone can give advice. Not having a personal attack at anyone as I am also keen to get this course done before any education reforms come in.

4. margp

margp New Member

Hi, Just wondering if you have now completed your IP1 assignment. I am seriously stuck on Q4 - Purchase price of a govt bond and Q5- DCF.

I notice that you're in QLD, really that you're ok and the rain seriously stops!
    Cheers
    Marg